Our three year old tamariki from our Future Fern Senior Room at Kids Count Marne have been showing lots of interest in imaginative, building and construction play.
Some benefits to imaginative, building and construction play are:
- It improves fine motor manipulation and strength;
- It enhances spatial awareness;
- It encourages thinking and reasoning;
- It involves focus and patience;
- It builds confidence;
- It helps develop problem solving skills;
- It encourages children to use their minds instead of relying on technology;
- It helps develop math skills such as counting, adding, subtracting and basic geometry as children play with building toys.